You guys… I’ve been working towards this one for a long time. And it finally happened.
I broke the 10-minute mark for average pace while running.
I KNOW, I KNOW. Hold your applause, I couldn’t have done this alone. So many people and things to thank for this achievement.
- Cheese. And chips, margaritas, English muffins. Pretty much all Mexican food. Y’all are really good motivation to burn some calories.
- My running partner Audrey, who also drags her ass out of bed at an ungodly hour so we can run.
- Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Kanye West for writing some really good running music.
- Byron, who sometimes literally pushes me up hills (even while I yell at him for doing so).
- RunKeeper for tracking all the things.
- Pumpkin waffles. Because after this run I came home and celebrated with a pumpkin waffle.
Now that I’ve met this goal, of course, it’s time to make some new ones. And oh, don’t worry — my brain has already had them lined up for quite some time:
- Be able to run a 10-minute mile consistently. Because, let’s be honest — I have NO IDEA how I did that. Fluke of nature, I will totally accept you.
- And related to that — sign up for another 5K, run it in under 30 minutes.
- Run 4 miles without stopping. This one’s gonna be hard.
But ya know, in the meantime, I’m going to celebrate this one achievement. It’s important to take a step back and recognize hard work when it pays off — and damn, if it doesn’t feel good.